Sunday 18 March 2012

The Scared Relics - Coffee Table Book


(N.B.   previous post went missing (think I accidently deleted it) so I had to re-write it, so apologies if your reading this and think 'im sure she didnt say that before' I had to re-write it from memory)

I love interior design and décor, I am forever changing the colours scheme and accessories at home. One thing that I have always liked is books on the coffee table. I usually browse interior home magazines and they normally have art books and travel books displayed on their coffee tables. I know there is no hard and fast rule as you can have anything you like really.

I knew what I wanted something that had beautiful photography but also encompassed my love of Islam in it, when I was out shopping for Eid clothes I went in to an Islamic store in Birmingham,  and came across a  book called the Scared Trusts, I was looking through some other books on a table in the middle of the store when I stumbled upon this large gift boxed book, as I opened the book I was really impressed I thought how beautiful are the high resolution photographs and more importantly they were not any old images these photographs were images of items that belonged to the Prophet Muhammad  (saw) and many other prophets. I flipped it over for the price and realised it said £99 that I was not expecting  and as I was in a rush I walked out the store and didn’t buy it. I have regretted it ever since as I didn’t know the name of the book or the author I didn’t think I would ever find it again until I came across it the internet. Alhamdulilah




The Sacred Trusts in an album presenting the marvellous collection of Scared Relics, the description of the book, states that it contains a collection of more than 600 invaluable belongings of prophets such as Abraham, Moses and Prophet Muhammad (saw), as well as the Prophet's Companions, it includes the entire collection of items some which are not on exhibit for daily visits.

The items are housed in Topkapi Palace in Istanbul many items and relics collected and donated over a large period of time in history. Many relics of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) were brought to the palace by Yavuz Sultan Selim I, upon the conquest of Egypt in 1517. Sacred Trusts captures and contains these items and relics in their full glory combined with a fascinating history. The images are absolutely breath-taking and I am so honoured to have discovered the book, as I get to set my eyes are items that I didn’t even realise where available in some parts of the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment