Tuesday 27 September 2011

E.L.F Cosmetics

I don’t really like to admit it but I am a bit of a beauty junkie well maybe not so much beauty but skincare junkie, my reason is I have horrid skin,with that I mean combination skin which is acne prone even at my ripe old age. I try almost everything they rave on about in magazines to correct/mange oily skin that is spot prone. Basically I get a few spots on a daily basis and every one leaves a scar of some sort and the ones that do clear up take like a year seriously I’m not kidding, I certainly can’t do the bare skin look but I’m not going to moan to much about that though because there are people out there that have bigger issues than the odd spot and Alhamdulillah my issue is nothing I can’t cover with a bit of foundation and concealer.
Even so I spend a fortune on moisturiser and foundation and cleansers some work some don’t a lot of the time I don’t use them often enough to see the results and I lose interest even though most the skin care products I buy are high end, therefore a bit on the pricey side but I work to the principle that the larger companies i.e Chanel, Dior, Clarins Clinique are going to put more research and money in to getting the best product out there therefore price is justified (I know this is not always the case).  I have still  been a loyal customer to Clarins for a good few years even though the issues I mentioned above didn’t clear up I just accepted them.



BUT A year ago a came across an article on Elemis products but decided that I won’t try them as they are so expensive then I stumbled upon sister Amena’s Hijab tutorials on YouTube she couldn’t praise them enough so I took a chance hoping that I might get close to her gorgeous skin, which I will say hasn’t happened but it’s not far off. You may think what has that got to do with ELF Cosmetic’s, well after sister Amena’s review elemis which might I add I love, I  recently saw her review  of  E.L.F products and as another blogger was also raving about them I decided to try them out, well the 50% off may also have been a deciding factor.

I started placing items in the basket before I knew it I had about 25 items in the basket and they were still all 20 something  in cost, I never get a bargain so I was well impressed, in case you’re wondering I don’t wear that much makeup I just ordered some for my sister as a upcoming Eid present,  anyway  I got my delivery a little later than expected but at their prices I can perfectly understand the amount of people who must have placed order and to be fair to them they sent me a email to advise of  the delay and also sent a further email on dispatch as well as a text. If you are like me and spend a lot on your base or on the canvas as beauty gurus would say then that is sensible, but who wants to spend £40 on a blusher or buy an on trend lip gloss, lip stick, nail colour when you may use it once and get bored with it or is that just me ?

You don't have to sacrifice quality and results for a lower price point. E.L.F.'s goal is to enable all women to look their best and not have to sacrifice luxury, quality ingredients or good results. There products are made from high-quality ingredients. They do not test products on animals, nor use animal-derived ingredients in their products. Also what swung it for me is that, all products are hypoallergenic and non-comodogenic.

I have so far used there concealer which is fab as is the all over colour stick I use as a blusher and I can’t rave enough about the high definition powder keeps my skin matt but not flat, so far so good and the lesson here is that you should consider the cheaper alternatives as sometimes they are spot on.




No comments:

Post a Comment