Monday 19 September 2011

Dua list

It all started following an article I read about making a dua list during Ramadan and I thought it was a brilliant idea as there is  no way I can  possibly remember to ask for everything I want from memory, this inspired me to really think long and hard how little thought I put in to my dua's so I was determined to make the most of this Ramadan and really use every opportunity to ask Allah swt and hope that he accepts my dua. My dua list was very extensive during Ramadan but I will share my current one, which is a work in progress.

The following verses from the Quran show how Allah invites believers to ask from Him:
  • And when my servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the supplicant when he calls upon Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me, that they may walk the right way. (2:186)
  • Call unto Me, I will answer you. Those who are too proud to worship Me will enter Hell. (40:60)
  • Call your Lord humbly and secretly, He loves not the transgressors. (7:55)
  • And call on Him, fearing and hoping, surely the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good. (7:56)

My Dua List-

I ask Allah to help me and guide me:-

·         To be able to read Quran daily
·         To do dhikr daily.
·         Read my 5 Salah with full concentration.
·         Go to more Islamic talks and understand and apply the topic in my life.
·         Select a shaykh, and learn and benefit from his tahreekah to get closer to Allah (swt)
·         Do itikaf for the last ten days in next Ramadan
·         Have whole month off work for next Ramadan.
·         Learn the 99 names of Allah swt by heart.
·         Learn to read Quran withproper tajweed rules.
·         Ask for ease in the life of people who are suffering due to poverty, illness etc
·         Learn to speak Arabic.
·         Pay off all my debts.
·         Get a new job so I can spend more in the way of Allah swt as I don’t think i spend enough.
·         Travel to Dubai, Egypt, Malaysia, Palestine.
·         Get married to a man who will help me strengthen my relationship with Allah swt (please Allah make it easy for me)
·         To have pious and healthy children.
·         I ask for help in learning and understanding the deen.
·         To buy a house and decorate it all white (love interior design)
·         To be able do umrah.
·         To do hajj with my parents.
·         Remember to give more to charity.
·         To ask for forgiveness of my sins
·         To ask for protection from hell fire and torment of the grave.
·         To remain generous, sincere and live my life the way that is pleasing to Allah swt.
·         To make friends that help improve my faith.


It is said that dua averts difficulty and dua can revert what has been destined. Although Allah decrees all things, He has given us the ability to make changes through dua.
The Holy Prophet (saw) has said: What is destined cannot be averted except through dua. Another Hadith says: Indeed caution cannot save you from what is destined, but what can save you from it is dua. Imam `Ali
Do you have a Dua list ?

No comments:

Post a Comment