Wednesday 25 January 2012

New Diary 2012

Siratt in collaboration with Productive Muslim
I love any type of stationary and I cannot get through a day without the use of my diary and notebook mainly due to my gold fish like memory, I need to make notes in my diary all the time especially when I have moments of inspiration about craft products etc. When I am out shopping I always end up stock piling on well-made and beautiful notebooks. At the start of every year I always shop around looking for two diaries one for work and one for home. I have always thought that wouldn’t it be nice if there was a diary geared to the Islamic calendar with inspirational Quran and Hadith quotes so every time I looked at my diary to check my to do list I could get a Iman boost.
Well Alhamdulillah, what can I say it’s like the people at Siratt and the tremendous Productive Muslim team were listening to my thoughts, because they have come up with this fabulous desk top Lifebook, they call it a Lifebook rather than a diary, its available in various colours and its size is just perfect approx 24.5 x 17.5 cm.  I paid £13.95 and though they call it desktop Lifebook it’s not too big to carry around, not for me anyway as I am hooked on rather large handbags !
The Lifebook is covered in a lovely soft to the touch matt material, I decided to buy two a pink one for my sister, which she adored and one for myself, I wanted the purple one but they sold out so I bought black which is the colour I normally always buy so I wasn’t that disappointed that the purple was out of stock.
I came across Siratt through the Productive Muslim website, I have been visiting there site and facebook page since Ramadan and I can honestly say that there articles have really helped me focus more and basically be so much more organised and productive, anyway I digress (save that for another post).

I was just so impressed with the Lifebook I can’t recommend it enough, It incorporates some fabulous short and concise thought provoking chapters to read at the start of the diary, the beginning of every month has a section called ‘My Habit List’ which you can use to make or break a habit, on the actual week to view diary page it has a weekly hadith and a tip to improve your productivity, it includes all the basics for a diary but covers 7 days rather than 5 days like most standard diaries and it  also has a section for your most important tasks for the day at the bottom of the page, and a small section on the left hand side for quick notes and brilliant thoughts etc. Which is rather nice as I don’t need to carry a separate little notebook for my little light bulb moments ! Oh and I almost forgot to mention the beautiful vivid photography of mosques from around the world at the start of every new month. I am as you may have been able to tell very impressed on how much they have managed to pack in to this Lifebook.
If you visit the Siratt website you will find a list of all the chapters in the reading part and more detail of the diary sorry Lifebook, my only criticism and I probably wouldn’t even call it a criticism, it is more of a preference, is that rather than starting the times at 8:00 and finishing the daily time at 18:00hrs  it would have been better to not have the time filled in and maybe little boxes to fill the time you wanted to start your day as I have control freak OCD and don’t like the fact my tasks don’t fit next to correct time – but this is a minor detail the life book is brilliant for people who like me want to incorporate Islam in everything they do. The people at Siratt and Productive Muslim have done a fantastic job,  so far I love using this Lifebook and I have never seen anything remotely similar, so inshallah they now have my custom for the next year as well.








http://www.siratt.com/
http://www.productivemuslim.com/

2 comments:

  1. Wow I just went and visited their website. Mashallah! I have never even heard of them before! The book looks amazing. I tried to find one but they are not showing up at sirat website. Did you purchase it from there? Great review!!!

    http://furiouslyfabmuslima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I did order it from there website and it is really good but I guess you realised that from my review.

      I have just checked for you, if you go on their website http://www.siratt.com and to the left under categories click on "lifebooks" and then on "desktop lifebooks" inshallah you will find them there, they may not have all teh colours in stock though.

      Delete