Saturday 25 February 2012

Mawlid ul Nabi Celebration


I think I mentioned this in a earlier post that my mom was planning a Milad un Nabi gathering to be held at our house, we finally got everything organised and the past weekend we had the Milad gathering at our house like we have done for the last few years, it was a women’s only gathering and we invited most of our friends and family probably about 45-50 ladies and children this was just manageable everyone had adequate seating and after the dua adequate space to sit and eat Alhamdulillah.

Alhamdulillah we started with Quran recitation, then went on to nasheeds and naats all praising Allah (swt) and his beloved prophet (saw). The atmosphere in the house was just lovely almost serene and the food was gorgeous and the blessings immense inshallah.

I will post some pictures of the dĂ©cor my younger sister and I did, it was a work in progress when the pictures were taken, we started with green fairy lights in the hallway and lounge, we lit lots of candles and lanterns put flags etc on the wall it looked beautiful all lit up, I forgot to take any pictures of the food you will have to take my word for it that it was scrumptious ….









5 comments:

  1. mm fruit looks yum!thanks for commenting on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was I have a slight fruit obsession, your welcome i stumbled upon it by accident and glad i did.

      Delete
  2. nice decorations! that was a good idea to make the mood even more special for the milad

    and i absolutely love the fruit arrangment! you must have a really artistic eye :)

    http://sarahriaz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I just wanted it to be special, I do have the ocassional artistic moment, however i saw this online and i cheated by copying it.

      Delete
    2. haha i think i will double cheat and copy it from this post :)

      Delete